Versacare Foundation is an independent, private foundation which supports requests for programs and projects that are consistent with Versacare’s Mission and the Mission of the Seventh-day Adventist Church. At the discretion of the Versacare Board, a select few projects outside Versacare’s core mission focus may also be funded.
The Versafund Grant Program offers three levels of potential funding.
- Catalyst Grant: $2,500 to $10,000
- Venture Grant: $10,001 to $40,000
- Impact Grant: $40,001 to $100,000
Please review the description and the required information for each level before starting your application.
|May 1||Online application portal opens|
|October 31||Submission deadline for Impact Grant Concept Note|
|December 31||Midnight: application submission deadline, online application portal closes|
|April||Decision notifications sent|
The following are eligible to apply:
- Faith-based organizations and other non-profit, tax-exempt 501(c)(3) organizations
The following are not eligible to apply:
- Individuals or organizations applying through a third party, fiscal sponsor, or agent
- Organizations that have not been in existence and continuous operation for the two years immediately preceding the application deadline. This two-year requirement refers to operational status and not when the organization was incorporated or received nonprofit, tax-exempt status
Late, ineligible, and incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
Geographic Priorities: Versacare Foundation places priority on funding projects located or doing work in territories within the North American Division of Seventh-day Adventists and the Inter-American Division of Seventh-day Adventists, which include:
- North America
- Central America
- Caribbean Islands
Project Priorities: Versacare Foundation funds projects that address the following needs:
- Church community engagement
- Disadvantaged or underserved communities
- General education and science education
- Health and wellness
- Humanitarian efforts
- Social justice
- Women and children’s efforts
- Youth and young adults
Click here for a complete list of projects funded in .
Project Exclusions: Unless prior approval is obtained from Versacare Foundation or the need is deemed essential to allow the project to become fully developed, Versacare does not fund:
- Capital improvements
- Church- and school-sponsored mission trips
- Debt reduction
- Payroll and salaries
- Purchase of perishables and consumables
- Sub-granting or regranting of Versacare Foundation funds
For Further Assistance
If more information relating to the above criteria is needed, please contact us.