$10,001 to $40,000
The Venture Grant is designed to assist projects and programs in reaching clearly stated goals and objectives. It is also intended to help projects and programs become self-sustaining. Venture Grant applicants are expected to provide information based on objective assessments of their programs.
When applying for a Venture Grant, in addition to routine information like the organization’s name, primary contact person, website, and mailing address, the following types of information will be required:
- Organization’s history and purpose
- Tax-exempt status
- List of organization’s current board members *
- Previous year’s financial statement *
- Project description
- Project activities
- Project beneficiaries
- A description of your previous work with these beneficiaries
- Whether project beneficiaries are members of disadvantaged or underserved groups
- Project income and expenses (itemized by category)
* May be submitted in Word or PDF format
Venture Grant applicants will also be asked to provide:
- Past performance outcomes
- Evidence or research supporting project goals and objectives
- A description of the project’s proposed performance measurement, including a timeline of when the performance measurement analysis will take place during the funding year
- A list of organization or project partners or collaborators. If none are presently in place, provide a proposal for how partners or collaborators will be added during the funding year.
The information you provide in support of your request is typed into text boxes within the online application. Each text box allows for a set number of characters, including spaces. We recommend composing your responses ahead of time in Microsoft Word or another word processor that will allow you to check your character count as you go.