Versacare Foundation is an independent, private foundation which supports requests for programs and projects that are consistent with Versacare’s Mission and the Mission of the Seventh-day Adventist Church. At the discretion of the Versacare Board, a select few projects outside Versacare’s core mission focus may also be funded.
The Versafund Grant Program offers three levels of potential funding.
Please review the description and the required information for each level before starting your application.
|May 1||Online application portal opens|
|October 31||Submission deadline for Impact Grant Concept Note|
|December 31||Midnight: application submission deadline, online application portal closes|
|April||Decision notifications sent|
The following are eligible to apply:
- Faith-based organizations and other non-profit, tax-exempt 501(c (3) organizations
The following are not eligible to apply:
- Individuals or organizations applying through a third party, fiscal sponsor, or agent
- Organizations that have not been in existence and continuous operation for the two years immediately preceding the application deadline. This two-year requirement refers to operational status and not when the organization was incorporated or received nonprofit, tax-exempt status
Late, ineligible, and incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
Geographic Priorities: Versacare Foundation places priority on funding projects located or doing work in territories within the North American Division of Seventh-day Adventists and the Inter-American Division of Seventh-day Adventists, which include:
- North America
- Central America
- Caribbean Islands
Project Priorities: Versacare Foundation funds projects that address the following needs:
- Church community engagement
- Disadvantaged or underserved communities
- General education and science education
- Health and wellness
- Humanitarian efforts
- Social justice
- Women and children’s efforts
- Youth and young adults
Click here for a complete list of projects funded in .
Project Exclusions: Unless prior approval is obtained from Versacare Foundation or the need is deemed essential to allow the project to become fully developed, Versacare does not fund:
- Capital improvements
- Church- and school-sponsored mission trips
- Debt reduction
- Payroll and salaries
- Purchase of perishables and consumables
- Sub-granting or regranting of Versacare Foundation funds
For Further Assistance
If more information relating to the above criteria is needed, please contact us to receive information within three business days.